Animal licensing supports the cost of animal control within the City of Boise.
- Regular License (Dog over one year of age) | $55.00
- Regular License (Dog under one year of age and not spayed or neutered) | $28.50
- Spay/Neutered License (Proof required) | $21.75
- Senior Citizen License (Dog owner 65 years or older and dog spayed or neutered) | $11.25
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
Before applying, please have the following ready:
- A copy of the dog's spay/neuter papers to qualify for the discount (if applicable).
- Proof of owner's age (i.e. driver's license) to qualify for the senior discount (if applicable).
- Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer.
- Select the Animal License Application from the menu and apply.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.
If you need to renew your dog license, please mail in the coupon with your payment, or contact us at (208)-972-8150 or email email@example.com we can provide other payment options. Please note that online renewals will be coming soon!
Other Licensing Locations
You can also choose to apply for your animal license in person. Licenses are issued at Boise City Hall, 150 North Capitol Blvd and at a number of neighborhood locations throughout the city.