Non-Commercial Kennel licenses are required for households within Boise City limits that have 5 or more dogs and cats.
As per Boise City Code, Section 6-07-21B, this license requres the written consent of at least seventy five percent (75%) of all the persons in possession of premises within a radius of 100 feet of the premises upon which the non-commercial kennel is to be maintained. After you have submitted your online application and it has been processed by the Office of the City Clerk, you will receive information on how to fulfull this requirement to receive your license.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
Before applying, please have the following ready:
- The names of all dogs and cats living at the home.
- The license tag numbers for each of the dogs living at the home.
- Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer.
- Select the Non-Commercial Kennel Application from the menu and apply.