Food and Alcohol Beverage Licensing

All eating/drinking establishments and vendors must obtain a license from the City of Boise, whether they are serving food from a restaurant, food truck, vendor cart or at a special event as a caterer. The appropriate permit must be posted in a conspicuous place. Select the appropriate license/application below to begin this process.

Food and Beverage Application

The Food and Beverage application covers the following license types:

  • Eating and Drinking License
  • Sidewalk Cafe License
  • Alcohol Beverage License 

Eating and Drinking Mobile License

The Eating and Drinking Mobile License covers the following:

  • Food Trucks
  • Mobile Vendor Carts

Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit

An Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit is for a State of Idaho alcohol beverage licensee to serve and/or sell alcoholic beverage by the drink at an offsite venue.

Assembly Permit

An Assembly Permit Application is required for occupancy of 50 or more. 

For questions about Food and Beverage Licenses, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (208) 972-8150 or email