Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit

The purpose of an alcohol beverage catering permit is for a State of Idaho alcohol beverage licensee to serve and/or sell alcoholic beverage by the drink at an offsite venue. Permit applications must be submitted prior to 5 business days of the date of the event. Requests under 5 business days must request a waiver. The waiver is available through the online application system, or by visiting the Office of the City Clerk at City Hall, 150 N. Capitol Blvd., Boise, ID 83702.


The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.

Before applying, please have the following ready: 

  1. Signed copy of your State of Idaho alcohol beverage license.
  2. A copy of the City of Boise Certificate of Occupancy of the catered location.

Note: The signature on the Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit Application must be the same signature of record on the applicant's State, County, and City Alcohol Beverage License.

Apply Online

  1. Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account
  2. After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
    • Review and accept the online disclaimer.
    • Select the Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit from the menu and apply.

For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.