This license is for the business owner and their business. All other employees must possess a separate Security Personnel license.
Before completing the application, please have the following license prerequisites ready:
- Photos of your company uniform for approval by licensing staff. Photos will be uploaded during the application process. This must be done upon initial application and every three years thereafter.
- $10,000 Fiduciary Bond Insurance, naming the City of Boise as the certificate holder. This bond is SEPARATE from the bond requirement of each Patrol Agent and Installer.
- $500,000 Certificate of Liability Insurance, naming the City of Boise as the certificate holder.
Step 1: Apply Online
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account. Apply online using the city's permitting and licensing system.
- Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer.
- Select the Security Company Application from the menu and apply.
Step 2: Background Check Required
You are applying for a license that requires a background check. You must come to Boise City Hall for fingerprinting.
- Background checks require fingerprinting and must be done at Boise City Hall. (150 N. Capitol Blvd., Boise, ID 83702)
- Fingerprinting must be completed before your license will be processed.
- For more information, contact the City Clerk's office at (208) 972-8150 or email@example.com.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.
- These requirements do not apply to regularly appointed police officers of Boise City or to any regularly appointed police officer or law enforcement agent. (BCC 5-19-02 D)
- Possession of an Idaho State concealed weapons permit will not exempt applicants from a FBI record check.