This license is for security patrol agents or alarm installers. This is an individual license.
Before completing the application, please have the following license prerequisites ready:
- New Applications: $2,500.00 Bond running to the City of Boise and in full force and effect throughout the licensing period. (Not required if covered by employer's bond)
- Renewals: Applicant must provide proof their bond is still current.
Step 1: Apply Online
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account. Apply online using the city's permitting and licensing system.
- Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer.
- Select the Security Personnel Application from the menu and apply.
Step 2: Background Check Required
You are applying for a license that requires a background check. You must come to Boise City Hall for fingerprinting.
- Background checks require fingerprinting and must be done at Boise City Hall. (150 N. Capitol Blvd., Boise, ID 83702)
- Fingerprinting must be completed before your license will be processed.
- For more information, contact the City Clerk's office at (208) 972-8150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.
- These requirements do not apply to regularly appointed police officers of Boise City or to any regularly appointed police officer or law enforcement agent. (BCC 5-19-02 D)
- Possession of an Idaho State concealed weapons permit will not exempt applicants from a FBI record check.