Vehicle Licensing

The City of Boise regulates specific types of businesses to maintain the health, safety and general welfare of the public. If you engage in any of the business activities, you are required to maintain a valid, unexpired business license.

Select the appropriate vehicle license that you need to apply for.

Business Driver Application*

The Business Driver application covers the following license types:

  • Non-consent towing driver
  • Immobilization agent
  • Commercial driver
  • Taxi driver 

Business Vehicle Application

The Business Vehicle application is for Taxi vehicles and Commercial vehicles.

Immobilization Service Application*

An Immobilization Service license is needed for any business providing vehicle immobilization services (car booting) within Boise City limits. Agents must also have a business driver license.

Non-Consent Tow Company Application*

A Non-Consent Tow Company license is required for all companies that tow or otherwise remove vehicles from public or private property without the consent of the vehicle owner or operator. Drivers must also have a business driver license. 

Taxi Business Application*

A Taxi Business license is required for all companies operating a taxi business within Boise. Drivers must also have a business driver license. 


A Valet license is required for any valet operation or any related activity upon any portion of a Downtown public street, sidewalk, or other City-owned or operated right-of-way. 


* Requires a background check and fingerprinting, which must be performed at Boise City Hall (150 N. Capitol Blvd.) before the license can be issued.