An Immobilization Service license is needed for any business providing vehicle immobilization services (car booting) within Boise City limits. Agents must also have a business driver license.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
Before applying, please have the following ready:
- Copy of insurance in the amount of $10,000.00 per claim
- Copy of Notice
- Parking facility site plan approval
- Photo of company logo
- Photo of uniform and/or insignia
- Make, model, year and license plate numbers for all vehicles
Step 1: Apply Online
- Login here. If you are a first time user you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, click "APPLY > LICENSE" in the top menu bar.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer.
- Select the Immobilization Service Application from the menu and apply.
Step 2: Background Check Required
You are applying for a license that requires a background check. You must come to Boise City Hall for fingerprinting.
- Background checks require fingerprinting and must be done at Boise City Hall. (150 N. Capitol Blvd., Boise, ID 83702)
- Fingerprinting must be completed before your license will be processed.
- For more information, contact the City Clerk's office at (208) 972-8150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.